menu

Library History

The Bedford Public Library, built in 1915, was a gift from Andrew Carnegie . The new library building was very stylish, faced in stucco, trimmed in brick with a red clay tile roof.  The inside has two fireplaces with dark pine finished woodwork. It is one of 101 Carnegie Libraries built in Iowa.

The Library is no longer just books; it now is home to five public access computers with high speed internet connections.  Other modern technology added recently is a new copier, fax machine, scanner, many new software programs and educational games.  The library also contains a large genealogy collection.